Dinner With My Son

Tonight Dan and I talked Charlie into going out to eat with us.  This is not always easy, especially when he has been asleep.  But it was just the three of us and we don't get to be with just him very often.  In May we had Jeremiah alone, a couple of weeks ago we did this with Joey and the week after it was with Tim.  I cherish these times because I get to really hear their hearts.  And tonight I was not disappointed having dinner with Charlie.  We talked about everything from girlfriends to life choices.  I can't help but think what a wonderful young man he has become and how blessed I am to be his mother.  He really has the most compassionate heart.  As I think of each of my boys, I am just in awe.  How could these great men belong to me?  I love their wit, their charm, their character....... I could go on and on.  

The time is coming that Charlie will be heading off to Texas.  He is leaving in 3 weeks.  The closer it gets, the more I want to hold on.  I know it will not be easy to send  him off, but I also know that God has a plan for Charlie.  His plan is bigger than anything I can even dream of because His ways are greater than mine and His thoughts greater than mine.  So, I really can't even imagine what He has planned because I know mine would be more than wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Last Time

She Laughed